I'm Anything But Ordinary

I'm Anything But Ordinary

12 September 2006

The sentences streaming beyond one word


~~~~ Hopeful

It's amazing how one conversation can change your perspective of the world. I met with Mamie last night. A year ago she was feeling just the way I'm feeling now. Lost and confused. No one would help her. I almost feel really bad for her because she was thrust into Cairo on her own with no one to help her. But I also feel really envious of her because she had the strength to pull through it on her own and still have a fantastic time. But because of her experience she really wants to help me. With anthing and everything. She drew me maps of Cairo, told me about classes to take, and taught me some key phrases I'll need to know while in Cairo. I feel like there's so much more I want to know now but still I'm on the right track.

I will want her at some point to, step by step, go through her #1 application processes... whatever she remembers about it, and #2 her first two days in Cairo. From leaving home, the plane right, to arriving in Cairo, and the second day there as well. She even gave me her Dad's email address so my parents have someone to talk to! She really is my saving grace. And, just to make things even better, it turns out that Holly from my parent's church is in Cairo right now! They can talk to her parents at home now!!! And they relate to them so they'll feel really comfortable with them. Today I need to go to MacMillan and just get a letter saying all my credit will transfer from AUC to Miami. Then I will have (I hope) all my many application compenents in. Then in one week I'm going to call the New York offices of AUC and make sure everything's in. Then I'll still have 10 days to get everything in before the application is fully due. I really feel like things are falling into place.

Things I need to do after I'm accepted:
Get more passport pictures.
Fill out housing application form.
Make $300 deposit.
Submit Transfer Credit Acceptance Form to Miami.
Get a Physical.
Get an HIV/AIDS Test.
Make Sure I Don't Need Any Shots.

CRY FOR JOY!

0 Free for All: