I'm Anything But Ordinary

I'm Anything But Ordinary

11 July 2006

Of Work, Splints, and Ancient Egyptians


~~~~ Complacent

I feel disgusting but I'm too lazy to do anything about it. I haven't worked since Sunday but I work tomorrow. Is it sad that I'm nervous about opening? I mean, I've done it once before but it seems like everything went wrong. I know how to do it now but I'm still kinda worried things might go wrong. The main thing I'm worried about is the display. I feel as if I can do it but what if I get something wrong? I'm pathetic, I know.

Went to get my splint today. Things couldn't have been more messed up. First, we went to Health Point but it turns out it was in the same building as Dr. Miller's office. So we had to walk over there. Then he asked for the prescription and we didn't have it. Health Point told us that Dr. Miller would fax it over. Then the guy who was fitting me for the brace was kinda weird. He asked questions in strange non-descript way. He was asking about my physical therapy and then all of a sudden he was like "what do you do?"... :| what? for physical therapy? I slowly answered "I'm a student..." Thankfully that's what he wanted. Then he took some measurements and was like "so where do you go to school" When I told him Miami he was like "so how do you get up here so often" :| Once more I slowly answer "it's summer break" All-in-all the entire experience was awkward.

Last night I finished my application for the American University of Cairo. I can't believe that in 5 months I could be on my way to Egypt. Mr. Storck and my English prof Joe agreed to write letters of recommendation and I wrote my essay last night (while watching the Home Run Derby. Please, don't judge me) and I got an email today saying they recieved my application and are reviewing. Looks like they have rolling admission so I might know in like a month if I'm going or not! *squeal* So just for shits and giggles I started looking at flights to Cairo. The cheapest flight? A flight from Cleveland that stops at MOSCOW ( :confused: ) and then arrives in Cairo at 12:30 am! Ummm... I'll spend the couple extra hundred to make my fabulous arrival in Cairo at a PM hour! The three flights I'm completely okay with? They all leave from Cleveland but stop in Paris, Rome, or Vienna before going to Cairo! I know that I'll probably not actually get to go anywhere but I'd be in heaven if I knew I could step off a plane in Paris, Rome, or Vienna. Plus if I stopped in Rome I could try out my Italian. Two birds... one stone... hell yeah! Oh I hope everything works out. I really hope I could go!

0 Free for All: