I'm Anything But Ordinary

I'm Anything But Ordinary

13 September 2005

7 Days!!!


~~~~ Groggy

I can't fight it anymore. I need to start packing. I did clean out my basement on Tuesday and everything I needed from there I packed up and brought upstairs. So things like my computer equipment, rope lights, extra pillows, and the cordless phone I wanna take to school are in boxes waiting to go to school. I'm thinking it's about time I start on my clothes. I think after I pack them I'll feel a lot more accomplished and a lot less antsy about the whole process of packing. I leave in exactly a week and I'm pretty sure I have enough outfits I don't want to take to school that I can get most everything packed without much of a problem. Then again, there's still some laundry to do and I just ordered two pairs of cords from delias and I have to wait for them to come in. I'm just gonna have to set out the Rubbermaid tubs I plan to put my clothes in and keep adding things as I can. Let's see... I think I'll put a list of what I need to do on my bulletin so I can keep track of things easier. I have a few lists going as it is but I just wanna make sure I don't forget anything. My mom claims she'll be more then happy to drive down if I forget anything but I don't want her to. First of all, if she does, she'll feel she can come down whenever she wants and that's all I need! Plus it would really make my year if I didn't see my parents or anyone from my hometown (with the exception of Tom, maybe) until Thanksgiving. Yeah, that's my plan of attack.

Yesterday I met Felicia for the first time. It was amazing. I don't think I could have asked for a better roomate even if we did have a 5 page survey to fill out. I was afraid there might be some awkward moments where no one said anything but there wasn't. We just felt so comfortable sharing with one another that there was constantly something to say. And we both talked about equally... you know, not one of us did more talking than the other. We could even interrupt each other (I sometimes do that too much I think) without it seeming rude or unattentive. It was just like we both had so much to share at once we wanted to get everything out! It was nice.

For lunch today I took Tom to the Shack. Today's his last day of work. He's leaving on Sunday. I don't think I'll miss him as much as I miss Chanda. New York doesn't seem as horribly far away as California. Plus, it's kinda a requirement that boyfriends keep in contact more then best friends. I mean, you go to college to make new friends and create stronger bonds then at high school. Wow, that's kinda sad. It's like Chanda and I are going to college to replace on another. I don't think it'll work quite like that but it'll certainly be different. Oh well, the point is, I can't replace Tom without dumping him. And since I don't see that happening I think it'll all be okay. We already have plans to see each other in October. I'm just not as upset now.

Tonight we plan to go to band camp to watch PreGame. I've never actually seen a PreGame. I mean, I've marched in one, but I dunno what it looks like from the audience's view. It'll be interesting. Plus, I have a feeling this'll be my last chance to see Megan before I leave. Sean is looking at Miami for next year! Yay, I can hit on him all the time that way! *Tee-hee*

0 Free for All: