I'm Anything But Ordinary

I'm Anything But Ordinary

27 July 2005

Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince


~~~~ Distressed

WARNING!!!! I'm blatantly talking about the book here. If you haven't read the book and don't want anything given away don't read my entry... You've been warned.

[cut]Okay, here's my theory.

Dumbledore isn't dead. Now, I know he, well, died, in the 6th book but hear me out. Go back and read the chapter where he dies. As soon as Snape enters the scene Dumbledore begins to plead to Snape. Well, your assuming he's pleading with Snape NOT to kill him. But if you re-read it, you can take it that Dumbledore is asking Snape to kill him. Weird, I know, but what if Dumbledore knows there's something he needs to do but he needs to be dead first... okay, that's really weird too but I can't explain it. I just have this feeling that Dumbledore felt he needed to die and so he arranged something with Snape. I mean, if Snape really betrayed him and killed him for Voldemort, don't you think the scene where Dumbledore realized Snape was against him the entire time would be more dramatic. I mean, Dumbledore just kinda took it and let Snape kill him. And this is Dumbledore we're talking about. You think he'd have fought until the end. With or without a stomach full of potion. I know it sounds crazy but... I mean, Black's death was just as abrupt as Dumbledore's but he fell through a curtain in the DEATH CHAMBER and maybe Rowling made Black's death so sudden to make readers think that's how she writes her death so Dumbledore coming back will be an even bigger suprise. Here's another reason I think he isn't dead yet. Fawkes. At Dumbledore's funeral, Harry says he saw a phoenix dive into the tomb as it was being closed. I think that was Fawkes and he's there to heal Dumbledore of his broken bones from falling off the tower. While his soul, I believe, is in a Horcrux. What do you think?

Oh, and I think R.A.B. (the initials in the locket) is Black's brother and that's why he was killed my Voldemort.

But... general feelings of the book. Oh, it was sooo sad!

I did okay with Dumbledore's actual death, I made it seeing through Harry seeing his body, I made it through Hagrid finding out, but once everyone was sitting in the Hospital Wing and Fawkes began to lament... I lost it. I mean, Lord of the Rings... there were tears... soft gentle tears just kinda trickling off my face. But when Fawkes began to cry I CRIED. We're talking ugly faced, sobbing, make-your-head-ache crying.

But through it all I was glad there were so many relationships in the book. A lot of love... I was digging it. Fleur and Bill, Ron and Hermione (or Lavender), Harry and Ginny (squeal), and, the best one, Tonks and Lupin. It made me so happy! I was glad Tonks was happy at the end and she wasn't in love with Black.

Finally, I can't believe Harry isn't planning to go back to school next year. I mean, the books are separated in years and Harry doesn't even plan to have a seventh year. Maybe that'll all change. That's something I could see like the Weasley's fighting that or something.

Oh, and I totally guessed Snape was the Half-Blood Prince halfway through the book.[/cut]

0 Free for All: