I'm Anything But Ordinary

I'm Anything But Ordinary

07 May 2005

Went to See Kingdom of Hearts and I Thought...


~~~~Weird

Last night Chanda and I saw Kingdom of Heaven and I found it very... interesting.

I don't think I'd call it bad... the battles and cinematography reminded me of Gladiator ( = amazing!) but the actual storyline... well I guess I just have some... questions.

First of all, I realize that it takes a very long time to get to Jerusalem from France but Orlando's character 1) his wife kills herself 2) he kills a man because the man makes fun of the fact that "his wife is in hell for killing herself" 3) he makes the journey to Jerusalem to try to save his wife's soul. Alright, that's sweet and everything but he gets there, falls in love with the future queen of Jerusalem, and then at the end of the movie rides past his wife's grave with barely a backwards glance... Sad!

Then, there are two characters in the movie that I think died but you can't really know. The first character is, I think his name is Gee. He becomes the new King of Jerusalem and is taken prisoner by the Muslims who invade Jerusalem. The last you see him is riding backwards on a donkey, wearing nothing but his underwear and some paper crown on his head. I think he died but you just can't be sure. Then the leader of the Muslims (I don't even want to try to spell his name, I'd mess it up big time!) has a sister who is kidnapped by the army of Jerusalem. Later on, the body of this woman is demanded by the Muslims. However, they make such a big deal about revealing her face and that she's his sister and she's there and stuff and then that's all you see of her and she's dead and you don't see her after that one shot and all of a sudden she's dead... wtf?

I'm glad I went to see the movie but I don't think I'll be buying it. So, go see it, maybe you'll like it but the story lost me quite frequently, just giving you a warning!

0 Free for All: