I'm Anything But Ordinary

I'm Anything But Ordinary

13 September 2004

Back From Another College Visit / Question

Yesterday I packed into the van with my mom and dad and we headed out for another funfilled roadtrip to see another college. This one was in Oxford, Ohio and, of course, it was Miami University. So we drove all of yesterday to get there and took our little tour & interview session today. Now, finally being safe at home I'm reflecting...

The reason I have to "reflect" so much is because both my grandma & grandpa plus my father went to Miami. Some people are probably thinking "so what?" but I know a few of you will agree with me when I say the rebelious streak in me doesn't want to go to Miami just to break that line (just like a little bit of me is glad the Christian religion didn't fit me because I broke a sixth generation lineage at my church don't get me wrong though, that's NOT why I devoted myself to the goddess). But I really loved Miami and I now know why my family went there. The campus was beautiful, the study abroad program was once rated the top in Ohio, and it just seemed like a fit.

The only problem is that the more I think about it there are only two colleges I really want to apply to: Miami and Gettysburg. I hated Washington, Albright was alright but the city was dangerous (it had a very high crime rate), I didn't click right with the people in Ithaca, and something about Heidelberg just didn't seem right. Is it bad that I only want to apply to two schools? I might actually have to go in and talk to my guidance councler (*gasp* in my school that's a big deal because she's a huge ditz. She doesn't even know how to spell Gettysburg or Ithaca). I'm sure she's good for something.

So now that I'm home I was all motivated so I registered for the SAT II's. In Writing & Literature to be exact. The nice thing about that is I get to miss a speech tournament (yay for sleeping in!). The not-so-nice thing is I hate standardized tests. They stink. My Latin teacher told me that standardizes tests are being faded out. Why can't they be done with NOW?

We finally get to my question... everyone says that senior year is the best, that you live for this year and there's nothing like it. All I want to know is, when does the fun start? So far it's been nothing but stressful and such. I kinda want to just get it done and over with. That, or fast forward past the application and financial aid part of applying for college. Senior year should be fun once I get past that!

~Elentári


0 Free for All: