I'm Anything But Ordinary

I'm Anything But Ordinary

27 April 2010

Marrying Edward Cullen: A How-To For the Mega-Obsessed

I found this site while exploring my frequent blog reads.  Now, I will admit I have read the Twilight series.  And I will admit I use to LOVE it... at first.  Then the series progressed and the horror that is Breaking Dawn hit bookshelves.  And I was over it.

I am one of the few to feel this way, however.  And Stephanie Meyer is making the big bucks marketing the crap out of her creation.  So I guess it only makes sense that she would create, and then replicate and sell the engagement ring Edward gives Bella in Eclipse.  (More ahead...)



So there you go, you can now wear Bella's engagement ring and pretend Edward proposed to YOU.

In the Eclipse book from the Twilight series, Bella gets engaged to Edward (so I'm told, I've never cracked open a tome!), and in the trailer for the movie, we get a glimpse of the vampire bling.

Of course, someone smelled potential to suck the money out of teen girls' wallets, and now Stephanie Meyer and Infinite Jewelers have designed a replica of the ring that you can soon purchase.

The design is based on a passage from the book: "The face was a long oval, set with slanting rows of glittering round stones. The band was gold — delicate and narrow. The gold made a fragile web around the diamonds.”

You can buy the diamond ring on Infinite's website for $1,979, or, you can buy the CZ version for $35.

Would you buy this ring? Do you like the style? Will the Twilight merch juggernaut ever stop??

0 Free for All: