I'm Anything But Ordinary

I'm Anything But Ordinary

21 February 2007

Lookin' Out My Back Door


~~~~ Full

Sunday & Monday - Nothing too fun to report. Went to classes, hung out. Generally school days are slightly redundant. I have a tendency to stay in the library and get all my work done between classes so I never have anything to do when I get back to the flat at night... it's nice.

Tuesday - Fat Tuesday! Okay, so obviously I don't celebrate Fat Tuesday, to be perfectly honest with you I've never even heard of Fat Tuesday until Katie started talking about. But she wanted to do something for it so we decided to make Pancakes at the Boys' Apartment. Fun! We had a million different toppings and enough pancakes to last a lifetime... that's a theme for my food this week. I would like to say that my cinnamon apples were an absolute success. I was quite proud of them.

Today - Didn't have Social Movements so I slept until 11 (thank allah since we were out until 1 last night). Woke up, putzed around on the computer for a few hours, took a shower, did my readings (once more, no homework right now! :) ) and went to Geography of Ancient Egypt. A snoooze! I'm really not looking forward to this trip Friday either. Alexandria wasn't all that fun the first time... Anyways, came back and cooked Koshari. Hahaha! It was fantastic. Once more, I have enought Koshari to last me a lifetime but I really enjoy cooking here and who can ever complain about cooking with your friends!

Tomorrow? Who knows! Yaaay for the weekends (TGIT in Egypt!) I'm thinking the outdoor coffee shop sounds really appealing. I really need to learn the arabic word for nuts so I can order sahlab again!

P.S. I've been in Egypt for a month. I can't believe it. I never want it to end. At the moment? #1 Grad School? AUC!!!

0 Free for All: