I'm Anything But Ordinary

I'm Anything But Ordinary

16 January 2007

Remember Why You're Going


~~~~ Confused

Got my housing assignment tonight. I'm living in an apartment in Garden City... no Zamalek... no island on the Nile :( At first I was disappointed, then I was hopeful, then I was upset, and now I think I'm kinda excited. I know that's a lot of emotions to go through but aparently that's a big part of Cairo. I was just hoping I could live in the dorms... it would have been so much easier. I guess this trip just wasn't met to ever be easy. I have to face every single challenge in the world and I guess I'm suppose to deal with all of them. At my "bon voyage" dinner my relatives threw for me I got a fortune from the chinese restaurant we ate at and it said "You should be able to undertake and complete anything." I mean, beside the fact that we call AUC if anything breaks in the apartment we're completely on our own. No cafeteria to run down to if we want a snack... we have to cook our own meals. No house staff to clean our room or bathroom... we to do our own cleaning. No jumping across the hallway to visit people... this is an apartment where other people live all the time... people who pay rent every month and have nothing to do with AUC. This is so... grown up. Bright side: the apartment is in Garden City which where all the embassies are. This means it's another uber nice part of town and it's right across the street from the AUC buildings... no shuttle for me and a shorter walk time! There are other AUC girls living in this apartment complex... so I guess there could be some hall jumping! And number one best part: one of my friends lived in this apartment building last semester and she had 9 (yes NINE) roommates! I said I wanted as many friends as fast as possible and damnit, I got it! That's what makes this all worthwhile. Nine girls I will instantly bond with. That's just... beyond fantastic. Which is why I'm uber excited. It's gonna be hard... I'm gonna be stressed and upset at times. I'll probably rant lots here because my parents don't know about this blog and I refuse to tell them that I'm ever having anything but a FABULOUS time... all my pictures and wonferful gushing will be done here: My Spring Semester in Cairo. I know that's childish but I hate showing weakness to them. And to some of friends... which is also why some of my friends don't know about this blog :rolleyes: But through all that hard stuff it's gonna be so worth it. This is a dream. A dream I've had since before I can remember. Everyone who has gon to AUC has loved it and I will too. I'm scared right now but this is such a big step that's to be expected. This is so worth it. Remember why you're going...

0 Free for All: