I'm Anything But Ordinary

I'm Anything But Ordinary

06 September 2006

Arched Across the Sky


~~~~ Nervous

Today in Arabic I finished the lab early so I started to just snoop around the AUC website. I want to go soooo bad! I'm so afraid though that I'm gonna forget to fill out some form, or something, and not be able to get in. No one's holding my hand here. This is all me. It's my responsibility to get everything together, then they'll probably mail be a few letters, and then BAME I either go, or I don't. :confused: That's intense. I have a meeting with the study abroad advisor tomorrow but I'm so afraid she won't be able to help me. I know there have been other students to go to AUC before and I'm sure she helped all of them but I feel like I'm getting no support. Zero. None from my family, not really much from my friends. The only two who are really supporting me are Stephanie and Chanda. And Stephanie has her own hands full planning her semester in Europe and, well, Chanda's in California so that doesn't help me much. I'm really depending on my meeting with Maime. I WILL CALL HER TOMORROW! Right after my meeting with Ms. Waller. She did this just last year so she'll be able to fill me in on everything. Even stupid stuff like the pictures they need mailed in and how to deal with the cab drivers from the airport to AUC :) I know that's lame but that's the kind of stuff I worry about. I really really really want to do this but I'm just afraid it'll be another disappointment in my life. Just like College, my jobs, my car... it seems like everything in my life lately I'm just... settling. I settle on stuff and leave it at that.

Not this time.





I will finish this application on time.I will go to the American University in Cairo.

I will love EVERY MINUTE OF IT!!!

0 Free for All: