I'm Anything But Ordinary

I'm Anything But Ordinary

11 August 2006

Around the Corner I Have a Friend..


~~~~ Gloomy

I thought this year I'd be able to handle this better. At least I didn't cry. I just wish Chanda left after me, just once. She flies to California tomorrow. I feel as if this year I want to stay in touch better but we'll see what happens when I go back to school too. But Chanda said something tonight that is totally right. I mentioned that she's the only person at home that I truly miss at school and she agreed but it always seems like when we see each other during breaks and stuff it seems like only a week or two since we last saw each other. That's so right. Time may pass but we know each other so well things never change between us. Thinking back to high school I can't believe I actually put a boy before her at times. I'm practically ashamed that I dated during high school instead of staying connected to her hip. That does give me hope though because now I know we'll stay best friends forever, no matter what. I know whatever I think or say will be accepted by her. She's the only one I could go to a Renaissance Faire, and nerdily discuss Lord of the Rings and Harry Potter, and watch any and every movie on the planet with. We just fit.

At least we ended the summer with a bang. We spontaneously shopped at Best Buy, got ice cream at Coldstone, watched the high schoolers at band practice, laughed until we peed talking to Chanda's brother and his friend, spontaneously shopped at Wal-Mart, and watched Elizabethtown. I knew she would like that movie! Others might hate it and not get it at all but I knew we would enjoy it and laugh at all the moments that really aren't that funny but are just made better because we're sitting beside each other. I might be very sad because she's gone and I won't see her for four months but it just gives me something to look forward to.

I have two soul mates in my life. My dog and my best friend.

We just fit.

0 Free for All: