I'm Anything But Ordinary

I'm Anything But Ordinary

14 November 2005

Let's Do the Time Warp Again


~~~~ Drowsy

Who knew you could have so much fun in the audience of a show. Yesterday we went to see The Rocky Horror Picture Show at Presser Hall. Stage Left was putting it on, and while we were technically suppose to be doing tech for the show, we never showed up so we went to see the show. It was fantastic! One of the audience phantoms asked me if I'd do Rocky and, of course, I said yes. I mean, it seemed very appropriate considering the environment we were in. The highlight of the show had to have been when one of the other phantoms came over and began molesting us. He moved from me and Lindsay, to Lindsay and Steffie, to Steffie and Becca, then proceeded to sit on Tish's lap, then layed across Becca, Steffie, and Lindsay, before finally giving me a two second lap dance and moving on. It was hysterical! Especially when he sat on Tish's lap. The show itself was incredible as well. Frank-n-Furter was on par with Tim Curray himself! The boy looked and sang just like him. There wasn't really a weak actor on that stage. It's was strange that Eddie was played by a chick but I've known of other instances when that was done and I'm sure there was a reason very similiar to those circumstances that gave a girl a guys part. I was very disappointed in the sound crew however. Very bad feedback and the mics and speakers didn't work half the time. Boooo! Seeing Rocky last night made me realize how much I miss the theatre. I always knew that I did but I thought it was more of I missed the PAC and the people there. No. I miss the theatre, that's all there is to it. I'm finding out about working at the big theatre next semester. I wouldn't do well working at Stage Left. There isn't enough tech for me.

This is the last full week before I go home for Thanksgiving. I can't wait to go home. Then I'll be ready to come back and see my quad and other friends until Winter break. Then I'll be rested and ready to start over. I can't wait to see Tom either. I really miss him. Next weekend should be just as good as this weekend. We're going to a Cocktail Party for Steffie's dance team, possibly going to see Rocky again, and seeing a basketball game that Steffie's dancing at. I think this next week and a half will fly by.

0 Free for All: