I'm Anything But Ordinary

I'm Anything But Ordinary

16 July 2005

The Day I Had


~~~~Content

On occasion you have a day that you know will just stick with you for the rest of your life. These days are the best when at first they appear to be mediocre, escalate into excitement, and climax comfortably.

The day began as all my days seem to begin lately. I woke up at 6:13 and get ready for work. Of course, without fail I got stuck with the lady I really, really don't like working with (really). She asked what I had planned this weekend and I spent hours gushing about the movie and book and how excitied I am. And what does she say?

"Oh, if I were you I'd head home and get some rest before you go out tonight. You'll probably be really tired and fall asleep during that boring movie or book."

... WHAT THE FUCK!....

I had spent maybe 4 hours of the day telling her that I love the Harry Potter series, how great a character actor I find Johnny Depp to be, and how much I love everything Charlie and the Chocolate Factory and what does she call them? BORING...BORING! I mean, even if you did think that, it's called being polite to keep those sentiments to yourself. I'm so looking forward to getting outta that place!

Anywhoo, after work I ran up to the movie theater to get my 10:30 tickets to Charlie and the Chocolate Factory. After that I went home to eat a yummy sub from a local shop called Hero House and read Harry Potter the Sorcerer's Stone and half of Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets. I wanna re-read all the books before I read the new one. That way I will feel "prepared" and let the anticipation of reading the new book build a little more!

So at 10:30 Chanda and I saw Charlie and the Chocolate Factory. It started out a little slow but all-in-all it:
a) Was more accurate to the book
b) Had music that I actually found kinda cathcy
c) Had Christopher Lee in it. I've found that most movies I like have Christopher Lee in them (The Lord of the Rings, Star Wars, he was almost in the Harry Potters, now this)
d) Displayed Johnny Depp's talent as a character actor splendidly, and,
e) Was just better then Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory


After the movie Chanda and I headed down to the local book company to get Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince. She had pre-ordered hers but I hadn't so we had to stand in-line for about an hour before I could get in a get a copy. It was fine though. A lot of our friends were there and we just hung out for a while. Then we went back to Chanda's and read brand new books *squeal* I got to chapter 5, "An Excess of Phlegm" and promptly passed out. Hey, I had been up for 21 hours! I think however I'll start it over after I finish the rest of the books. I wanna make sure I didn't miss anything in my semi-conscious state.

0 Free for All: