I'm Anything But Ordinary

I'm Anything But Ordinary

03 May 2005

The College Decision is Finally Over...


~~~~Disappointed

I'm going to Miami University. I called Gettysburg a few days ago and (obviously) they told me that they couldn't give me an answer about my position on the waiting list until everyone else who actually got into Gettysburg got back to them. Well, my cheap-ass parents are too terrible to actually let me still persue my dream of going to Gettysburg so that was that and my name was off the waiting list.

I'm über disappointed.

It's not fair. I mean, sure, more than likely I wouldn't have gotten into Gettysburg and Miami is a great school. But now I'll never know if I could have made it and it's only because my parents weren't willing to give up $350. $350 to see if, just possibly, my real dream could come true.

That hurts. It may be one of those things that I won't be able to forgive my parents for, ever. I'm working this summer... making as much money as a high school graduate who's leaving in two months could make... $8.25 an hour. I could have easily repayed my parents that money and then some. But that just isn't good enough. Especially my mom, who wouldn't even give me a chance to explain to her how I planned to manage this... she just doesn't fucking listen and this time I can't overlook that. I was hoping that these past few months had fixed the problems we have had but evidently not. Now I'm leaving at least to Miami to begin with, and I'm not looking back. It's good-bye this shit-hole of a town and hello anywhere but here. I'm through and I thank the goddess for that.

17 days until I graduate.

0 Free for All: