I'm Anything But Ordinary

I'm Anything But Ordinary

18 October 2004

Auditions Are in a Week


~~~~Nervous

Ahhh! I hate this time of year... too much stress. The 25th of October is my audition for band and it has to be the worst part of the year. We have to learn 9 major scales, 6 minor scales, and the chromatic scale of our instrument. Along with that we have to prepare 2 Etudes and a piece of band music they provide for us. Then we sit in our gigantic band room and play for two directors... it's just intimidating. My dream for this year would to be first chair but I'm not sure if I can beat Jeannette... she's real good. But in all reality I'm hoping for second or third chair. But I'm still real nervous about it. What if Emily is real good and she beats me out? It's my senior year and I just want to do well. I've been working on my scales and I don't think I'll mess them up at all this year *knock on wood* and I've mastered all three octaves of my chromatic scale. I just need to speed up my music a little more and get my high C to sound better and I think I'll be as prepared as I can be... I guess that's all that matters.

I've been so busy lately I haven't had much time to post. Between school, drama, band, and preparing for college I've just been exhausted. We're putting on the production South Pacific and TP asked me to be student director. I agreed as long as I could party with my boys on the rail as soon as the actual show starts I'd do it. So most of my nights are occupied with rehearsals. Now I've got this audition to deal with too. On top of all my extracurricular activities is the joys of school. Not only do I constantly have A.P. Bio, FST, and Latin Homework but now I have to start applying to my colleges. I really need to get my teacher recommendation requests in and I need to sign up for the ACT's and apply to Gettysburg, Miami, and Heidelberg. I decided to apply to Heidelberg as a safety school, just incase. I really didn't like it but it's better then Washington or Ithaca. I plan on doing that along with two A.P. Bio labs and Zoology enrichment tomorrow. So much to do but today I'm taking it easy. It's the first day I've done a lot of nothing in forever. Well, this morning the Drama Club Officiers went around town asking for companies to sponser ads but other then that NOTHING! Yay! Well, back to practicing flute. Later!

~Elentári

0 Free for All: