I'm Anything But Ordinary

I'm Anything But Ordinary

09 August 2004

My Apprehensions on the Renaissance Fair...

Vanished! Everything about it was great and I loved it. Well, almost all of it. Chanda was acting in a way that I found very immature and it bothered me. First, she drove separatley because she had to work later on and she didn’t want us to have to leave early. Now that’s all fine and dandy but then she was suppose to be following Brittany but when we got to a detour she insisted on ignoring Brittany and taking her own way because “it was faster”. So the rest of the trip up there we were seperated from her and kept worrying that she’d miss the exisit and wouldn’t make it. We caught up to the other car and were able to guide them through it but Beth said Chanda was speeding the entire time and they couldn’t keep up. There was construction almost the entire way to the faire, why the hell would you speed through construction zones!?!? Brittany and I decided it was because Chanda wanted to prove she could make it there by herself. So she ended up at the faire like 45 minutes early. The to top it all off, we were suppose to be there for Garrett’s birthday, to celebrate Garrett turning 18. But insteadt Chanda decided she didn’t want to hang out with us and her and Megan went off on their own. AHHHH!!!!! That pissed me off beyond all belief! What kind of friend would just abandon their “close” friend on his 18th birthday? So now I’m kinda in a bad mood about Chanda & the faire and I won’t talk to her about it. She should have stayed with us instead of stampeeding off on her own!

It probably seems like I had a horrible time by the way I was just talking but that was my rant session and now that I’m over it I can gush about how much I loved it! The first thing we did was pay some guys to have Garrett arrested! They threw him in this mock jail cell and he had to do the mating call of an emu with a birthday boy on it’s back to get out. I was a little nervous that Garrett was gonna get us back and have us all arrested but I think he forgot about it by the end of the day! *sigh of relief* Then we spent a lot of time shopping and such, I got this beautiful necklace called an “Elfin Teardrop” here’s the meaning behind it: “A drop of luck from an elf brings happiness, energy and playfulness.” The stone on it is a Blue Siberian Quartz. Here’s it’s meaning: “Inspires clairvoyance and self-awareness. Stone of mystics and healers. Helps focus the mind.” I put the picture in one of my gallaries if you wanna check it out. I also posted a picture of the henna tatoo I got! The lady blew pink glitter onto the tatoo to make it “sparkle” so don’t worry, my skin isn’t irritated or anything, it’s just the glitter. It’s the Chinese symbol for the feminie moon! Uber cool. Finally I got this tiny incense burner that only burns for 25 minutes. Perfect for me since my parents get a little nervous if I leave my incense on for too long. It’s the loose incense and it burns around this sideways “S” shape. I got two flavors of incense, one’s called Egyptian Musk and the other is Hazelnut Coffee. They smell yummy! I really want to go back sometime, there is so much I wanted to buy but just didn’t. Like there were a ton of jeweled headbands I wanted to get (think the kind the elves wear) for prom but I just couldn’t talk myself into them then. I could now!

We also went to some classes and we learned how to sword fight, uber cool! We also went to see a “mud show” where these three actors did nothing but jump into the mud and such, kinda strange but VERY funny. Finally, right before we left we went to a joust! That was amazing to see, it was kinda weird though because the “bad guy” won the joust and the “good guy” got dragged off the field by a guy dressed in a monkey costume! Don’t ask me, I didn’t get it either…

So that was my day Saturday and I found it to be… AMAZING! I loved everything about the Renaissance Faire and I can’t wait to go back again!!!

0 Free for All: