I'm Anything But Ordinary

I'm Anything But Ordinary

30 August 2004

Hmmm, No Good Title to Print

I’m checking out LiveJournal to try to find my current mood… contemplative? I don’t think so… sleepy? No, I’m actually feeling quite awake. Okay? Annoyed? Confused? Mellow! That’s it I am mellow. Just kinda here… In this place… yeah…

Anywhoo! The week’s here and it’s a full, five day week. *boo hiss* Hmmm, maybe my mood is hungry too. See, my lunch is at 10:40 at school so when 2:30 rolls around I’m a little hungry and since it’s 3:50 at this current second I’m a bit ‘peckish’

I found this website called the Green Ribbon Pledge. It’s a site to pledge to help conserve the enviroment. You can also go to www.therainforestsite.com and with one click help save acres of the rainforest. Every click helps! So check it out! That’s what my new gallary post is… my green ribbon! Now I actually have to find a real one, of that color.

Well, I should do my FST homework and study for my A.P. Bio. test so I’ll leave you with these words of wisdom courtesy my good friend, Brittany:

Everybody changes. They change their beliefs, their taste in music, their political parties, their underwear (or at least we hope). But a question was brought up, does changing things in your life mean that you are totally changed from who you used to be? Is changing for better or for worse? I don’t believe that it is always strictly one or the other. Different people and situations account for different things and it’s up to you how you change and who you become when it’s all said and done.

People change throughout their lives. Things as simple as music tastes and political parties have a big affect in the changing of a person. Their outlook on things can be altered and their opinions and thoughts change quite a bit as they progress through life. Yes, there is usually a remnant of their former self deep down inside, but they have changed. Whether they, or anyone else for that matter, notice it, they are a different person then they were before. They are no longer who they once where. Whether their changing has made them a better person is a whole other story.

I know plenty of people who have changed for the better as well as people who have changed for the worse. People who have become someone that I don’t even seem to know anymore. People who have gone from someone I looked up to and respected to someone that I now regard with disgust. Just when you think you know somebody, they change. Sometimes, it’s great and they become even closer to you than they were to begin with and other times, it drives you away from them and you wonder if that’s who they were all along because you don’t remember them changing into this person that you have come to loathe.

There’s good change and there’s bad change and you really can’t tell the difference until you’ve started the changing process. I know I’ve changed from who I used to be. I’m not the same girl I was 8 years ago or even 2 years ago. There are changes I’m proud of and some I’m not so proud of, but I take those unpleasant things and change them to make myself a better person in the end. You can stop it or change the direction if you don’t like where you’re headed. But you never know til you try. Who you turn out to be in the end is all your own doing. No one else is at fault if you turn out to be a hypocritical ass hole. And it’s the same if you end up being a sweet, understanding, open-minded individual as well. It was all your doing. No one else deserves the credit or the blame other than yourself. You made yourself into the person you are when it’s all over. So make yourself into the person you really want to be cuz what it all comes down to is in the end, you’re all you’ve got and that’s kinda the point.

0 Free for All: