I'm Anything But Ordinary

I'm Anything But Ordinary

15 August 2004

The Baseball Game Review and Misc. Others

I got back from the Baseball game at 2 a.m. today. :zzz: A little drowsy but I had a really good time actually. First I went over to Carolyn’s so Tom could pick us up from there. Since David lives out in the middle of nowhere we got him on the way. Then we stopped by Panera Bread (Panera Bread is the best I totally recommend you try it) Potato soup in a sourdough bread bowl is the best! Then we headed to the city. We considered taking the RTA (think NYC’s subway) so we wouldn’t have to worry about parking but the directions we got from the people at the restaurant were a little confussing and no one would agree on exact directions so we decided just to suck it up and drive.

We got to the game a little late and it was kinda sad because our team had already scored 4 times. 2 home runs total. At first David didn’t want me to go in to the stadium because I had forgot to mention to them that I had never seen a game where the team had actually won. But Tom was really hopeful to break my curse. The game was pretty cool, sometimes I was quite confussed because the two team’s coaches got into three or four arguments a piece about stupid stuff and I didn’t understand why. Tom says I’m too fair to be a baseball coach because each team had an incident where the ball was hit above the yellow line that qualifies it as a homerun but the umpires called it in (hence no homerun) and said that was fair since both plays were called the same way. Then I learned that pitchers usually switch after about the 5th inning and said that was fair because it gave the other pitcher a chance to play in the game too. It all makes sense to me but Tom said I should never persue any kind of baseball career.

After the game there were fireworks that we stayed for and I have to say they were pretty impressive for being at a baseball game (oh yeah, our team won, my curse is broken!). Then it took us like an hour to get out of the city. There was a ton of traffic and things got a little complicated when we tried to get home (we almost missed our exit then a semi decided it wanted to move over to the exit lane and it almost squished us!). Other then that it was smooth sailing home, the only thing is we didn’t get home until 2 a.m. and I was just a little tired! But I got to sleep in until 11:30 so it’s all good.

Now I’m chilling here watching Kim Possible on the Disney Channel. Yeah, it’s kinda sad that a girl who’s trying to get into her perfect college is sitting here watching a cartoon show! Yeah I’m just in the mood to sit around and keep myself busy but do absolutley nothing. I think I’ll take my puppy for a walk, pop in a good movie (can we say TT EE sounds good about now), play some computer games, and just have a pleasant day. Tomorrow I might see if Chanda wants to go to the mall. I feel kinda bad since Carolyn & I did the baseball thing yesterday with our boyfriends and sorta left Chanda out. It’s just that she doesn’t have a significant other and Carolyn only had 4 tickets. So I think I’ll try to make it up to here tomorrow. I hope she can do something tomorrow. Well, I think I’ll finish my children’s show then off to walk my puppy!

I hope everyone else has a good day too!

0 Free for All: