I'm Anything But Ordinary

I'm Anything But Ordinary

03 August 2010

Pop-Tarts to Open First Ever Shop and Cafe in Times Sqaure

I have mixed emotions.

On the one hand, as I have always said, if I could live off pop-tarts I would so offering me a cafe where I can eat to my heart's content sounds awesome.

On the other hand, if you're gonna charge me $5 for a pastry goodness that costs be a fraction of that at home (and tastes EXACTLY the same), then forget it.

I will have to follow this.  If they come up with new recipes or offer different flavors then it may be worth the pilgrimage.  But with big real estate comes big prices and I will never condone spending double digits on a pop-tart.  That's just sacrilegious.





One the one hand: who cares what gimmicky corporate restaurant/"experience" is opening in Times Square? On the other: check out what just hit the Eater inbox:
Please join us at this exclusive “behind-the-foil” opportunity the evening before doors open to the public. Help us celebrate the opening of Pop-Tarts’ first-ever retail store and experience its one-of-a-kind interactive elements, including:
- samplings from the Pop-Tarts World CafĂ©;
-the Varietizer, which creates customized boxes of Pop-Tarts that feature your favorite flavors
-the Customization Station, which helps you design your very own Pop-Tarts T-shirt.
If there's one thing that could make Pop-Tarts better, it's having them served to you in a restaurant? Maybe there will be toasters within the tables, shabu-shabu style.
It opens to the public on August 10.

0 Free for All: