I'm Anything But Ordinary

I'm Anything But Ordinary

06 August 2009

Wow...


~~~~ Contemplative

I was on the phone with Matt today and we were just kinda talking about life in general and I mentioned I don't leave the house when I'm not working because a.) with the exception of Laura I have no friends to visit down here and b.) I have no money to spend to go anywhere. And it hit me. This is the roughest time in my life. Not only financially speaking with the economy, a low-paying job, and every mounting bills now that I am out of undergrad. But socially. I have no friends here. It's nice to live with Christina and Natalia but we aren't close. It's not like living in the apartment at school. Or being able to call Brian, or Stephanie, or Laura whenever I want. There's really no one here. I've never felt so lonely so often as I have lately. The only shining moments I have are when Matt visits at most once a week for a few hours... and if I'm super lucky over night. It's weird. I'm not necessarily unhappy. I do have the feeling however that if Matt wasn't in my life right now I'd be down-right miserable. But it's rough. Really, really rough.

1 Free for All:

You May Say that I'm a Dreamer said...

I'm so sorry Megan. But I'm sure once you start school you will start meeting friends that live near you and things will get better.

And don't forget I'm only a phone call away. I know that we have never had much of a phone type of friendship because we didn't need to but I think we should perhaps have to try harder now.