I'm Anything But Ordinary

I'm Anything But Ordinary

06 February 2009

Tag Meme


~~~~ Thoughtful

The blurb: "How this memetic works is that you leave a comment on this post, and I’ll assign you a letter. Then you write about ten things you love that begin with your assigned letter, and post it at your place. When people comment on your list, you give them a letter, and the chain continues on and on."

I harassed Bebbet and he gave me P! Okay... I think I can do this...

1. Peace
Call me a hippie but this is the most important thing in the world to me. Looking around the world and seeing all the violence, hate, and unrest I wish everyone could just take a step back and see what's going on. Palestine, Tibet, Mexico, Darfur, I don't care where you go there needs to be a way to stop the hate and live in peace. Call it pace, salaam, shalom, whatever. I just want peace.

2. Postsecret
This blog is my newest addiction. I anxiously anticipate Sundays when the new posts will become available. I've always wanted to send in a secret but not one of emo ones that are just depressing to read. I wanna send in one of the funny ones that everyone gets a kick out of.
Here's my favorite from last week:


3. Pirates
Maybe it's just the particular adventures of a certain Captain Jack Sparrow, but pirates are undoubtably sexy. I think I'll probably stick to the romanticized, glamorized hollywood pirates because reading hitorical documents on real pirates leaves out many of the ideals that make pirates so appealing. But when it comes down to the whole pirates vs ninjas debate pirates win. Period.

4. Popcorn
Can you say yummy? Maybe it's just the associations with popcorn that makes it so wonderful... I mean I rarely am known to eat popcorn alone. Eatting popcorn normally means curling up with some friends either watching a movie, playing a game, or just generally hanging out. The first time we ever used JiffyPop (you know, the kind you cook on the stove in the little aluminum bag that puffs out?) was an experience that I will always remember. So blame it on the kerneley, buttery, goodness if you'd like but popcorn will always hold a special place in my heart.

5. PETA
Can't say I agree with everything PETA does... i.e. I believe animal testing is important for such medicines that will make a massive differences for humanity, such as one created to cure or help previously incurable diseases, such as AZT. But the big picture that PETA looks at is in my opinion very important. First of all, I am a vegetarian so PETA's stand that humanity is capable of living full and healthy lives without mass-producing and mass-slaughtering animals is something I hold near and dear to myself. We are running this planet into the ground and considering the land area that it takes to feed one cow could feed 18 vegetarians, I believe this world, especially first world countries who can afford to be a little more shrewd in what they consume, should be more aware about how they use this world and what they do with it.

6. Poetry
This is something I wish I could be better at writing. Poetry can be seen in many different forms. It can be written, sung, spoken, performed, seen, and experienced on so many levels. I love all forms of poetry and while I can't say I have enjoyed every single poem I have every read or heard, I can't say I've loved all forms of language, or writing that I have ever read or heard. Poetry is something that can be straight-forward or complex, beautiful or ugly. I love poetry and I love that it plays such an important role in my life.

7. Procrastination
I use to be so good at not procrastinating. I got things done well before they were due and had everything within my life organized. Then I went to Egypt. After living in a society that upholds the sentiment "I'll think about it tomorrow, god willing" I've found my organizational skills slipping and my procrastination skills being refined. I also blame being a senior. Senioritis is creeping up and I think I can now procrastinate with the best of them!

8. Punk
It's not necessarily the lifestyle I live by but there are aspects of Punk culture that I adore. Such bands as Flogging Molly, Linkin Park, and Evanescence appeal to me to no end. Paint my nails black, let me wear a pair of Chucks, and give me black eyeliner and you'll find me in my element. I think if you stuck me in a room of "pure blooded punks" I'd probably be slightly out of sorts. But the parts of punk culture I've made a part of my life I would be hard pressed to give up... and hey, at least it's not emo!

9. Puppies
Puppies are some of the cutest things ever! I still have yet to make up mind if I'll ever have children, but I will have puppies. Hopefully a West Highland Terrier, or a Huskie, or a Border Terrier. The idea of having a puppy that I can train, and bond with, and grow up with will make me feel like maybe I'm accomplishing something in my life. My first puppy, is still alive but she's getting older. The idea of losing her is heart-breaking but I know that she lived a good life and I played a big part in that. I can't wait to give another puppy the same opportunity.

10. Portman, Natalie
One of the women I would happily go gay for.

Soooo sexy.

1 Free for All:

MABrock1980 said...

Portman FTW!!