I'm Anything But Ordinary

I'm Anything But Ordinary

07 August 2007

Almost Doesn't Count


~~~~ Satisfied

School starts in 11 days. It's terrifying and exciting all at once. I can't believe I'm a junior. I'm halfway through my undergrad education. My life is dangerously close. But at the same time I'm so ready. It's strangely comforting to know I'll never really live in this house again. I'll do things. Get jobs or internships away from this town. And I really won't come back. Really. Living in Egypt for those five months helped. I am so ready to start my career. I desperatley want to be an Egyptologist. I want to work in Turin in their museum. I want to live in Italy. Visit Firenze on my weekends off. See all the provinces in Italy. See th rest of Europe on extended weekends. Vacation in Asia and the Middle East. Visit Egypt CONSTANTLY... maybe get a flat there too? Muuumkin? Gods, it's so exciting I want to start now. Can I skip the rest of college and grad school and getting my P.H.D. and just go straight to that? Yeah, good luck with that. Oh, and if I could find a punk/hippie/rocker who is easy to talk to and not depressingly tall who respects an independent strong woman and wants at least remotley the same things I want that'd be great, thanks.

So anyways, coming down off of cloud nine, I need to start thinking about packing. I really need to relocate all the things that have been unpacked and stored someplace in this house that I didn't take to Egypt. I can't wait for Chanda to get home. Wally might be home but he hasn't called... which I find... interesting. Tomorrow I think I'll call Carolyn. I like seeing her. And I'll continue to avoid that other guy who will, at this moment, remain unnamed. I've been reading a lot. I do not like A.S. Byatt's writing style but I'll finish Babeltower. There are so many books I'm excited to read I want to start them all now! I should reread the Golden Compass. I remember I liked it but I should remember WHY I liked it.

But for now, I've retreated into the comfort of watching The Boondock Saints.

0 Free for All: