I'm Anything But Ordinary

I'm Anything But Ordinary

16 April 2007

I'm Anything But Ordinary


~~~~ Amused

Wednesday - How weird to have classes start on a Tuesday! The week was over before it even began. Went to Social Movements and listened to the experiences from the kids who went to Palestine and Israel with Dr. Saad. Once more I got the distinct impression that none of these kids really have anyplace to stick their noses into other people's business when they'll be leaving this area of the world shortly. Hmmm. But anyways. Went to the library after class and did a lot of social movements readings. I was putting it off for so long that all of a sudden I had to write another paper and I still hadn't done the reading. Stayed in the library until about three then went back to the flat. Fixed myself an nutella and orange snack and watched an episdoe of Buffy the Vampire Slayer (I've rediscovered the show... gave up on Smallville) before Geography of Ancient Egypt. Allison ended up skipping out on class so I went alone. That class is torturous without her! Went and got Koshari from the place a block away from Tahir. The men working there were so much fun! I told them I was from Italy because I remember a football game on one time we were in there and they got really excited and started chattering about Italian football. They knew about as much English as I knew Arabic so I just smiled at them. They liked my eyes and told me I was very beautiful... of course. It was fun but I think I'll be sure not to go in there alone anymore. And if I ever sit down to eat there again I'll be sure to have a boy with me. I just have a feeling they'd never leave me alone to eat if I was alone! Went back to the flat, ate my koshari, and vegged for the rest of the night.


Thursday - KATIE'S BIRTHDAY! Brought Katie her present before classes, a tin that says 'World's Greatest Lover' and a little stuffed dog inside... awww. Went to Historiography, yeahyeah. Went to the library afterward and made sure all my work was done so I didn't have to do anything during the weekend. Read my book (Wizard of Earthsong) and got a cheese sandwhich and a water for lunch. Went to Egyptology and talked about Art. His powerpoint wasn't working so we just talked about art. Kinda strange. After class I went back to the flat for a little. Ate a special brownie, then went over to Katie's to celebrate her birthday. We had some time before Chocofile so we watched In Persuit of Happyness. Yup, not any better the second time around. There was a sandstorm going on outside so I watched that for a while... much to the enjoyment of Katie and Allison. Got all dressed up and went to Chocofile. How cute is that place! I had an Italian chocolate shot and fruit extravaganza... fruit covered in a chocolate soup/sauce. Yuuum. After Katie's special birthday dinner she and I caught a cab back to Garden City to pick up some Drinkies supplies. Had a little crisis in the car and Katie lost her wallet but we then met Duncan, Nick, Brian, Dan, and Allison back at the boy's apartment for the rest of the celebration. Ended up staying until about 2:30 then went back home.

Friday - Woke up later and decided to meet up for the zoo at 2. Allison, Katie, and I met Dan at the metro stop and we headed down. After walking around the block to get next door we found the entrance to the zoo. How depressing!!! We met a guy who said he'd take our picture with a baby lion and we went with him. The cages the cats were in were tiny and the poor baby lion had a scar on his forehead... I don't know what from. I couldn't bring myself to get my picture taken with him after that. It just wasn't something to smile over. Wandered around the rest of the zoo and thankfully the rest wasn't as bad. There was trash everywhere and people threw things into the pens but luckily they were all decently sized and the trash didn't make it in far enough to bother the animals. Overall it was a real eye-opening experience but I was happy to leave. Took the metro back home and did some laundry. Otlobed La Pacha and McDonalds for food (the McDonalds was just ice cream sundaes) and watched the Ice Ages. Allison was enlisted as our residence tattoo artist and she drew Ed the Camel on Katie's back and a goat on her 'bicep' and a wolf on my hand and a Tucan Sam on my other hand.

Saturday - Did nothing! Lazed around all day. Walked into Tahir for some Koshari and to mail postcards but other then that I took my sweet time doing nothing. I figured I needed to appreciate that because it would be one of the last times I would be able to do that.

Sunday - Back to Historiography. Sometimes I feel like my entire life is that class. She did tell us no class Tuesday though so yay for that! Went to the library to get some work done. Churned out a 4 page paper in an hour... always a good thing! Got a fateer... no fateer-man... and went to Egyptology. Talked some more about Art but he had his powerpoint this time so yay for that! It's much better to talk about Art when you can see it. I have a quiz in his class Tuesday but I feel pretty ready for that. Came back home anticipating doing homework. Ran to the grocery store with Cori which always means will take a lot longer then I've anticipated. Oh well. Made it back and managed about two pages of my Social movements reading when Dan showed up. Planned our trip to Luxor this weekend. It'll be a lot and it might be stressful but I'm really looking forward to it. I'm just anxious other people won't have fun. I worry about this stuff. I feel like if I've planned it it's my responsibility for everyone to have a good time and if something doesn't work I freak out. I need to calm down. Made pasta for dinner. my own special combination of olive oil, onions, garlic, and lime juice. I love to cook! Dan left for a midterm and then Brian came to hang out for a little. Made plans to meet at the travel office then he left. Went back to my room, talked to my parents, and watched A Knights Tale. Took a shower, read The Devil Wears Prada then went to bed.

Monday - My alarm went off at 8 and I felt terrible. I had a sore throat yesterday but I didn't do anything about it. Big mistake! Ended up skipping Social Movements and I went back to bed until 11:30. I felt a little better then so I got up, did some work, and made myself a little brunch. At 2 I headed back to the library to punch out an outline before I met Brian at 3. It turns out the travel office closes at 2:30 so we went back to the library to do more work. 4:20 I grabbed my obligatory diet soda and headed to Geography of Ancient Egypt. Allison drew this celtic / egyptian / hieroglyphic thing on my hand (we really don't pay attention in that class sometimes I feel bad) while J Swan rambled on about basilicas and the god Set. Sigh. Cambe back to the flat and fixed myself some Ramen noodles for dinner. Cori wanted a nice place to study so I brought her to The Coffee Bean and Tea Leaf Co. I had done all my work so here I am doing what I do best... ramble on about nothing! Our waiterish guy must have taken an interest to us because he chatted for awhile at the counter then asked for our emails. Cori didn't want to because he claims she's sick of being hit on but I didn't seem the harm in it so I gave him my email. I don't have to respond to emails afterall. Plus, I mean, he was kinda cute!

Wednesday? DR. ZAHI HAWAS SPEAKS! And flatmate's night out!

This weekend? LUXOR AND ASWAN BITCHES!!!

0 Free for All: