I'm Anything But Ordinary

I'm Anything But Ordinary

28 March 2007

You Look Good Jack


~~~~ Pleased

Sunday - Pretty usual day. Woke up and went to Historiography. She yelled at us for having bad annotated bibliographies and for hunting for sources that would support our side of the argument... ummm, isn't that the point? Anyways, she gave them back to us and told us to go to the library. She told me my sources only supported my side of the argument. Ummm, excuse me? One of my sources is the Warren Report (I'm doing the JFK assassination) and since I'm taking the side that Lee Harvey Oswald was not the only gunman that source really doesn't support my side. Whatever. All I need is a C to pass the class because, you know, the Jews built the pyramids. Got out of that hell house and Allison and I started planning our Greece trip. I'm so pumped to go. I love love love Cairo but I'm ready for a little Western culture. Greece should be perfect. Was almost late to Egyptology but what else is new. Started to talk about language and writing, which is Nicholas specialty. So this should be good. I love the idea of hieroglyphics. I can't wait to learn a few words. Went to the gym after that. Just rode the bike for 45 minutes but it felt really good. Took a shower then headed back to the flat. Got some work done and chilled for the rest of the night. After my spectacular Saturday I actually got to bed at a decent hour and have been doing so for the rest of the week.

Monday - Woke up and took my midterm for Social Movements. Not too bad. I actually think I did pretty well. Sometimes I was a little broad and by the end my hand hurt so bad it was kinda hard to finish but I covered everything I want to and I'm as pleased with myself as I can be. After class I decided to walk to Zamalek. What a wonderful idea. It's a really easy-going walk and I just enjoyed the weather and listened to music. Wonderful. Got to Metro and picked up everything I needed for my pasta dinner Tuesday. Bought too much so I called a cab back to Garden City. It was the first time I had ridden in a cab by myself. I was dangerously pleased with myself. It's not that I've been afraid or anything to ride in a cab by myself but I'm always with someone else and I ride with them. But not then. It felt so good! And I got to give him directions in Arabic which I always enjoy. Got home and had some lunch and studied for Historiography before Geography of Ancient Egypt. Went to class and poor Allison was "having PMS on the rictor scale of 14" :) and left. Boy is that class deadly boring without her! Came home and checked on Allison. She was feeling better so we otlobed McDonalds and watched the Boondock Saints. Allison speaks Russian and I've always wondered what the mob guy was yelling. She couldn't understand some of it but the general idea is that he wants his gang to unify and centralize in America. I was hoping he was yelling about something totally unrelated. Oh well :rolleyes:

Tuesday - Historiography was terrible. Took a midterm and I feel really confident that I answered everything as precisely as possibly and made good arguments but I have a feeling she'll say differently. And probably most of it will have to do with the fact that I really don't like her :| After class went to the library. Did my reading and then wanted a feteer for lunch. There was a line so I just got a cheese sandwhich and strawberry juice from the cafeteria. Yuuuummy! Went to the Rare Books Library to do my Egyptology reading then went to class. Learned man in Hieroglyphics but nothing else. After class talked to Nicholas about Greece. While we were talking some student from the next class came up to him and they started a conversation in Greek. Wow. Nicholas is not a really attractive man (and he's my prof) but I saw him in an entirely different light when he started speaking Greek. *Swoon* :p Came home and started cooking for my pasta dinner. Overall, I think it turned out pretty well. The Alfredo sauce wasn't spectacular but everything else was absolutley delicious and there weren't that many leftovers (taken that I leave for Greece in 4 days that's a good thing).

Wednesday - Went to Social Movements and had probably the worst discussion yet. Dr. Saad wasn't there again and we talked with Maria. Not saying it was her fault or anything but she just picked a topic that was kinda weird for the us to talk about because the American students (two annoying girls in particular) were trying to be more involved then they should be and the Egyptian students were trying to tell them they didn't know what they were talking about without being rude but the Americans just didn't get it. I think some of these Americans forget that we're only in this country for a very limited time and that it isn't fair that they stick their noses deep into political business that they won't be here to see through in 5 months. It's just stupid, rude, and disrespectful. There. That's my 2 cents I didn't throw in in class because I don't talk. After class I walked back to Zamalek (I'm in love with this walk) and got myself some pasta (yes, more hahaha :laugh: ) from Alfa and then walked to a coffee shop for an iced caramel latte. Perfection. Read my book for a while and just enjoyed the quiet and comfy chair then walked back. Kinda warm out there but otherwise still really nice. Got home, made myself a cup of tea, cooked lunch, and am now just chillin in the living room with the roomie. Gotta go to class but other then that I am done for the day.

GREECE IN THREE DAYS!!!

0 Free for All: