I'm Anything But Ordinary

I'm Anything But Ordinary

12 November 2005

Maybe He's Just Not That Into You


~~~~ Determined





Dear Greg,
I have a boyfriend who keeps breaking up with me. He also keeps calling me and begging me to get back together with him, each time telling me that he misses me so much and has made a terrible mistake. He's done this three times now, every six months. I hate it, but I keep taking him back because I love him. I keep telling myself that he must be really into me, if he keeps coming back -- right?
Christina
Dear YO-YO CHAMPION
Funny how you notice how many times your dude comes crawling back to you, while I notice how many times he's told you that he doesn't ever want to see you ever again. For both of us that number is three, but I'll put money down that the breakup count isn't over yet. Because sadly this is what that guy is doing your relationship recess: HE'S SNIFFING AROUND FOR SOMETHING BETTER, AND WHEN HE DOESN'T FIND IT, HE GETS LONELY AND COMES "HOME." It's not that he's so into you. It's that he's so not into being alone. Don't give him the chance to break up with you for the fourth time. (God, even the idea of it sounds beneath you, doesn't it?) Reset your breakup maximum to ONE and move one.

Serisouly, he's just not that into you. Think about it.

0 Free for All: